Even without a job, I have a uniform.
Due to a recent wardrobe meltdown (where I may or may not have thrown all of my clothes on the floor) I realised that I wear approximately 10% of my wardrobe. And I make it look good. But what am I supposed to do with the remaining 90%?
After some googling, it appears I have naturally created a ‘capsule wardrobe’ by which I take a small number of garments and mix-match from them exclusively. For this winter, it looks mostly like this:
There are of course a few explanations to make. Notably:
- Yes. I do wear underwear. I just didn’t feel like sharing it with you 🙂
- Numbers of items – I do have multiples of a couple of these such as my jeans and tights!
- Gym gear and sneakers
- Evening wear
- I actually don’t have a day dress in the mix at the moment. I looked at the beginning of the season but didn’t love anything.
- I do KNOW that the tan bag has no place in that group. But it’s a big solid Michael Kors that fits everything the children will demand of me without making me look like a pack mule. The Stam is also enormous, but nothing child related goes inside because of the suede lining.
So there is 28 pieces (including my jewelry which are non-negotiable items year-round). What’s yours? Show me on Polyvore – I’m such a snoop!
Big question – what’s the go for the upcoming Spring/Summer? As you can see, I’m not so big on colour but will happily hear suggestions?