Let’s face it – I’m an over achiever.
Wait. Not that awesome type of over-achiever who actually gets to be a NASA scientist, Michelin Star chef, acclaimed romance novelist, mum of four and accomplished accordion player. I’m just the type who pushes herself to do MORE. All. Of. The. Time.
I mostly think this is a great idea. To feel challenged and constantly reaching up. But on a mock resume the other day I had to write up a list of my commitments.
- I am a mum of two children under 7.
- Married to a shift worker who often travels away.
- Works near-full-time at a Community Centre in children’s health and wellness
- Is a personal trainer with a full roster of clients
- Is a competing bikini division member of the INBA
- Runs http://www.catchthebouquet.com.au – a small label of in-house custom bridal and formal wear.
- Is an Isagenix fan and therefore am often asked about the products and how I use them to ‘live lean’ which was the goal for this year.
And I realised I’m tired.
People often ask me what I’m going to give up and my answer is always – anything that I don’t love.
I love it all.
Some is blood. I’d give it all for my children.
Some is passion.
Some is responsibility. And I don’t shy away from that.
It’s a lot of balls to have in the air at once.