I do. It’s true.
It’s getting fricking cold here on the island. Really cold in the mornings especially. I do like porridge but have about reached my boredom level with it and (given it’s likely to make a pretty big place in my competition preparation diet if I compete later this year) am giving it a rest. But where does that leave me for a healthy breakfast?
- Love oats – but over porridge
- Love eggs – but chronically too lazy too cook much at breakfast time
- See above point, must cook in less than 3 minutes, preferably without me touching it
- I know that I need a good balance of carbs/protein/good fats in my morning meal to keep me awesome all day
- Must be warm. Maybe even hot. Some mornings it must be liquid magma hot to counteract our freezing island climate
Enter, the latest breakfast invention.
Sailor Vee’s Banana Oat Breakfast Pudding
- 1 x small banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1tbs chia seeds (black or white is fine)
- 1/2 cup of quick oats
- (If the mix is looking super dry I sometimes add a tiny dash of low fat milk)
- (I find the banana makes it sweet enough, but you could add a little stevia if you wanted)
Mash banana, mix in egg, throw in oats and chia, mix until combined. Microwave for 2-3 minutes until set.
(Calories 353, Carbohydrates 50g, Protein 16g, Fats 16g)
**As the picture shows, I fairly frequently mix up what I throw in here. Sometimes I use sultanas instead of banana, and really you could use whatever makes you happy. To increase the protein percentage without upping the calories too much you could easily add another egg white or two.
Warm regards from the frozen island,