Today I am awesome. Moreso even than on other days.
Proof points of today’s awesomosity are:
- Gym workout One – Complete the 12wbt Lean and Strong workout assigned to today. Biceps and triceps. Awesome. Really nailed good technique and the hints on pausing in the active phase of the movement REALLY maximised my results. Was totally arm shattered. Topped that workout off with moderate heart rate cardio for a total calorie burn of – 960 calories!
- Great clean eating during the day. Good proteins, eating regularly and all on track.
- Good water consumption (mainly due to my love of the Water Your Body app – get it now!)
- Back to the gym for Workout Two – an evening session of more moderate heart rate cardio. An easy hour at about 130 bpm split between the treadmill, recumbent bike and elliptical for another 560 cals.
- Great dinner with my family.
- About to treat myself with a protein shake with cacao powder and a tablespoon of peanut butter. De-lish.
And there folks, are the dot points on why I had an awesome day.
Did you wonder why I’m doing so much cardio but all at only a moderate intensity? It’s because I’d never seen this chart before Mega-Trainer explained it to me. So my hours of thrashing myself at super high heart-rates has been great for my fitness levels and cardiac health, to burn off the last of these kilos I need to step it back a notch. There you go!